Top 5 Reasons to Vote for The Art of Pho at The Webby's
Yee-hooo! Our motion comic The Art of Pho is nominated for a Webby Award in 2 categories. In addition to these nominations, we’re also eligible for the People’s Voice Award — an honor determined entirely by you, the online community.
The competitions is stiff. In the category of Online Film & Video: Animation, we’re in 3rd place to Chipotle and Address is Approximate. In the category of Website: Best Use of Animation or Motion Graphics, we’re in 4th place to Draw a Stickman, The PNC Christmas Price and Hands-on Experience.
We’d love to help Little Blue win a Webby, or two, so we thought to provide you with Top 5 Reasons you should give us your vote!
1. Support our mission! At Submarine Channel we are all about exploring new frontiers of story-telling and image-making. We’re dedicated to experimenting with emerging genres such as non-linear interactive animation and motion comics, and we’re sharing this with audiences both in the Netherlands and across the world.
2. Little Blue’s journey was a serious labor of love. The Art of Pho was a year-long passion project where we wanted to push the boundaries of traditional comics and show the world the potential of creating something in between cartoon strips and full-blown animations. We’re honored with the nominations we’ve received so far, but a win will give a serious boost to the team who worked tirelessly on this.
3. Which brings us to: We team up with talent. A lot of diverse talent. From writers and illustrators to animators and interactive designers, we’re devoted to giving talented people a chance to make awesome things happen together. It’s thrilling to see this pay off, one nomination at a time.
4. We’re the small kids on the block. We’re not Google, or Chipotle, Nokia, or another big company. We’re small and we’re supported entirely by cultural funds. Winning a Webby, or two, will seriously make it a lot easier to produce more cool stuff like this. And that’s what we’re mostly psyched about. What can we promise you? We pledge to make another motion comic ahead of next year’s Webby.
5. Little Blue wants to go to NYC and represent. He’s ready to get out there, deliver his 5-word speech at the Webby’s, and inspire more creative projects like The Art of Pho. Plus, he’s never been, and come on, there’s a lot more Pho out in sunny NYC versus rainy Amsterdam. Little Blue even got himself a date already. So how about it?
Please take a second to vote and help Little Blue win a Webby, or two. Just follow these steps to vote, it’s really super easy.
Go to Online Film & Video: Animation.
Click on The Art of Pho logo and confirm your vote.
Now you can ‘Sign up to vote’ using your Facebook, Twitter, Google account, or e-mail address (e-mail requires activation, so check your inbox).
Rinse and repeat please, for the category Websites: Best Use of Animation
That’s all! C’est tout! Dat is alles!
Little Blue and the Art of Pho team thank you for your vote.
Now, let’s win that Webby!